- This event has passed.
Air Pollution and Health – 2 Day Conference
September 23, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sources and health impacts of air pollution in the Hunter
- Environmental monitoring data in the Hunter
- Fine particulates – where do they come from and what is their chemical composition
- Health impacts of coal dust
- The role of health studies/epidemiology in answering questions related to air pollution exposures
- Contextualising health issues in land use conflicts
- Prof C. Arden Pope, Brigham Young University, USA
- Prof Ross Anderson, Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health, MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health, UK
- Prof Bert Brunekreef, Professor of Environmental Epidemiology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
- Prof Guy Marks, Director of The Centre for Air quality and health Research and evaluation (CAR)
Engaging the broader community through:
- An online platform to pose questions to the experts before the Forum
- Web streaming to Muswellbrook and Gunnedah (venues to be advised)