- This event has passed.
* Newcastle NOW – forum – A City for People
March 18, 2013 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Newcastle NOW is pleased to invite you to Newcastle – A City For People
(Not an HEI event, do not register on this page but follow link below to Newcastle NOW registration page)
This is a public forum with internationally renowned architect, Professor Jan Gehl to explore public policy and community/business outcomes to consider what actions we can take now to positively influence the ongoing debate.
Things are happening in Newcastle!
- The Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy 2012 has been released.
- The West End Advisory Group is carrying out place-making activity.
- Proposals for trial cycleways on Hunter Street are underway.
- Work has started on the new Courthouse building.
- The new University Campus got the green light.
- Nobbys Lighthouse is open to the public.
- And more cruise ships are stopping in our world-class port.
We’re on the cusp of great things!
You will learn the impact and opportunities of the City’s Urban Renewal Strategy, and be inspired by world-renowned guest speaker Jan Gehl.
Jan is Professor of Urban Design and the inspiration behind public design in New York, Copenhagen, and Melbourne. He received a DOT’s Commissioner’s Award for exceptional contribution to New York City Streetscape and the Public Realm. His publications include Cities for People, Life Between Buildings, and New Urban Spaces.
Placemaking, and Walking & Cycling Transport Options in Newcastle will also be presented.
It’s rare that speakers of this calibre are assembled on the same evening.
Come along to this city-wide forum to be part of the movement driving the CBD forward. Tickets are $45pp.
Registration is essential. Numbers are strictly limited. Please register to secure your place.